Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gossip girl & 10 things I hate about you

      Have you ever heard about ‘Gossip girl’? It is famous American TV drama show. The main characters are teenagers who lives in Manhattan and most of them are very rich. This drama is famous because of not only the story but also the fashion style of main characters. Therefore, ‘Gossip girl’ is often compared to ‘Sex and the city’ which is famous for the fashion style. There is another drama which deals with teenagers in America: ’10 things I hate about you’. This drama is relatively less popular than ‘Gossip Girl’ but it was very interesting to me as much as ‘Gossip girl’. The motive of ’10 things I hate about you’ is a play of Shakespeare, ‘The Taming of the Shrew’. Also, it was once made for movie 1999 and the famous actor ‘Heath Ledger’ was the hero of the movie. These two dramas have similarity and difference.



Gossip girl
 
10 things I hate aobut you


1.     Similarity – love and friendship
     The main character’s age is same in ‘Gossip girl’ and ‘10things I hate about you’. They are all high school students excepting the later season of ‘Gossip girl’. In that age, what is the most interests of them? It is love and friendship. Even though the circumstance of both dramas is different, the main characters worry about love and friendship. They always repeat fighting and reconciliation. By experiencing those processes, teenagers in the drama got matured and became adult gradually.

2.     Difference – life style
     The main characters of ‘Gossip girl’ are very rich but those of ’10things I hate about you’ are not that rich. Their lifestyle is very different. The main characters of ‘Gossip girl’ go to private high school riding limousine, host magnificent parties often, and wear suits and dresses. On the other hand, the main characters of ’10things I hate about you’ go to public high school, host home party, and wear T-shirts and jeans.

2 comments:

  1. Which show do you like better? I used to watch Gossip Girl but I don't anymore. I liked the earlier episodes better than the later episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @daysindaejeon
    I also liked Gossip Girl season 1 very much but, I don't like later seasons that much. I prefer 10 things I hate about you to Gossip Girl.

    ReplyDelete